Thursday 28 August 2014

#Getting a Passport in Cebu#

It was then when I finally decided to get a passport for future's sake! I gathered and searched for the requirements online. Even asked my friends for tips and information. DFA Cebu is located on the 4th floor of Pacific Mall-Metro Mandaue City.


Most people have already lined up from 11 in the evening. It's a first come first serve basis so if you fall in line first then you'll finish early. I arrived at 3 o'clock in the morning and can't imagine how long the queue was. Had with me an envelope where I placed all possible requirements needed.


All information should be written in bold with a black pen.

It was already six in the morning when the guard started giving priority numbers and I was 114 on the list. Followed by the distribution of the application form to be filled out together with any valid ID. At seven, a staff already started collecting the forms and I was told to come back at 10 am. Thought going home would be a waste of time so I grabbed some breakfast and waited until nine.

On the fourth floor, where DFA office nestled, some were asked to produced a copy of the requirements if they haven't photocopied it yet. I was prepared so there wasn't a need anymore. Again, we were asked to fall in line with our respective numbers. At exactly 10 when they called my number, the woman at counter 3 asked me for my NSO, NBI clearance, PRC ID, and Voter's ID (both original and photocopy). I was asked some questions regarding my birth certificate and good thing I passed step 1.

Other requirements I brought with me were: TIN ID, Cedula 2014, Old Alumni ID, Philhealth ID, TOR, Certified True Copy (CTC) of BC issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR), SSS E1 and E4 and Baptismal.


Step 2 is where you pay for the fee of 950.00 pesos for normal processing that'll take 6 weeks and up according to the staff at DFA. Express processing is currently suspended. Just a tip! In every transaction made at DFA, always check the correct spelling of your name, address, etc.

Step 3 is picture-taking and information encoding. Again check all the information needed to avoid any discrepancies. A staff told me that I can return for my passport after 6 weeks and up or I can call DFA number 520-5898 for inquiries.


LIST OF ACCEPTABLE IDS (At least 1 of the following):

  • Government-issued picture IDs such as the following:
    • Digitized SSS ID
    • Driver’s License
    • GSIS E-card
    • PRC ID
    • IBP ID
    • OWWA ID
    • Digitized BIR ID
    • Senior Citizen’s ID
  • Other acceptable picture IDs such as the following:
    • Old College ID
    • Alumni ID
    • Old Employment IDs

LIST OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS (At least 3 of the following):

  • Voter’s ID
  • NSO Marriage Contract
  • Land Title
  • Seaman’s Book
  • Elementary or High School Form 137 or Transcript of Records with readable dry seal
  • Government Service Record
  • NBI Clearance
  • Police Clearance
  • Barangay Clearance
  • Old documents issued at least one year prior to date of application that show correct name, date and place of birth, picture and signature of applicant such as the following:
    • NSO Birth Certificate of child / children
    • SSS-E1 Form or Microfilmed Copy of SSS-E1 Form
    • Income Tax Return
    • Voter’s Certification, List of Voters and Voter’s Registration Record (for newly issued VRR, please attach receipt)
    • School Yearbook
    • Community Tax Certificate



No comments:

Post a Comment